"i was born in the wrong century," the girl sighs as she imagines a future where women have full ownership of their own bodies
Pleasantly surprised where this went
George Takei describes the moment when he and his family were sent to an internment camp.
"Another scene I remember now as an adult is every morning at school we started the day with the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag…there was the American flag flying over the camp but I could also see the barbed wire fence and the sentry towers pointing at us from my schoolhouse window as I recited the words ‘With liberty and justice for all’." - George Takei, The Daily Show (July 24, 2014).
Full Episode (apologies, The Daily Show website does not have the best video player).
To Be Takei documentary official website.
- Mod Dawes Sr.
The ladies of Game of Thrones attend HBO’s ‘Game Of Thrones’ panel and Q&A during Comic-Con International 2014 at San Diego on July 25th, 2014.
Just finished this book and loved it.
Do you think every president goes through a awkward first few weeks in office when they’re not sure when’s the right time to ask if aliens are real or not?
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."