-My boyfriend (via thecarrionlibrarian)
Dear god, that would be EVEN WORSE.
I hope you fall in love with a man with good music taste and a jawline stronger than your wifi connection
“The basis of most arguments against trans people is that we are not who we say we are, that we are always and only the gender that we were assigned at birth. And so much of that is about having a sense of certainty around gender, that when you were born with a certain set of genitalia, then that must dictate your entire life, and the reality is that that’s not true. A lot of people are not comfortable with that, because then that means they have to begin to question who they are.”- Laverne Cox
1. If you work hard, and become successful, it does not necessarily mean you are successful because you worked hard, just as if you are tall with long hair it doesn’t mean you would be a midget if you were bald.
2. “Fortune” is a word for having a lot of money and for having a lot of luck, but that does not mean the word has two definitions.
3. Money is like a child—rarely unaccompanied. When it disappears, look to those who were supposed to be keeping an eye on it while you were at the grocery store. You might also look for someone who has a lot of extra children sitting around, with long, suspicious explanations for how they got there.
4. People who say money doesn’t matter are like people who say cake doesn’t matter—it’s probably because they’ve already had a few slices.
5. There may not be a reason to share your cake. It is, after all, yours. You probably baked it yourself, in an oven of your own construction with ingredients you harvested yourself. It may be possible to keep your entire cake while explaining to any nearby hungry people just how reasonable you are.
6. Nobody wants to fall into a safety net, because it means the structure in which they’ve been living is in a state of collapse and they have no choice but to tumble downwards. However, it beats the alternative.
7. Someone feeling wronged is like someone feeling thirsty. Don’t tell them they aren’t. Sit with them and have a drink.
8. Don’t ask yourself if something is fair. Ask someone else—a stranger in the street, for example.
9. People gathering in the streets feeling wronged tend to be loud, as it is difficult to make oneself heard on the other side of an impressive edifice.
10. It is not always the job of people shouting outside impressive buildings to solve problems. It is often the job of the people inside, who have paper, pens, desks, and an impressive view.
11. Historically, a story about people inside impressive buildings ignoring or even taunting people standing outside shouting at them turns out to be a story with an unhappy ending.
12. If you have a large crowd shouting outside your building, there might not be room for a safety net if you’re the one tumbling down when it collapses.
13. 99 percent is a very large percentage. For instance, easily 99 percent of people want a roof over their heads, food on their tables, and the occasional slice of cake for dessert. Surely an arrangement can be made with that niggling 1 percent who disagree."
Sorry to reblog from the source, but I thought the chain of comments was rather unnecessary. All that needs to be said is that this documentary examines gender inequality and how patriarchy contributes negatively to our society.
This is a feminist issue.
And anyone on Tumblr who’s too close-minded to recognize it as such due to a nonsensical blanketed hatred of men’s issues need to re-evaluate their motives.
THESE ARE REAL AND HORRIBLE MALE ISSUES CAUSED BY THE PATRIARCHY. IF YOURE FEMINIST, THESE SHOULD ANGER YOU. IF YOU’RE NOT, HERES ANOTHER REASON TO SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT.
have I already reblogged this? don’t give a fuck.
The patriarchy hurts everyone.
I WANNA MENTION THIS BECAUSE EVERY TIME SOMEONE MENTIONS THIS THING ABOUT SUICIDE I FEEL I SHOULD BUT IN
MORE WOMEN ATTEMPT SUICIDE
MORE MEN SUCCEED
Women are more likely to use non-lethal methods such as pills while men tend to use firearms.
Something to keep in mind.
I need feminism because the father of my children thinks his depression is invalid because he is male.
DISMANTLE THE FUCKIN PATRIARCHY
EVERYONE shOULD HAVE CONFIDENCE REGARDLESS OF GENDER
EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE EQUAL PAY FOR THE EQUAL JOB
WITHOUT RACE, gender, OR SOCIAL STANDING TO BE A FACTOR